Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Grateful

With a new year many people look forward - because the old one is gone. However I like to compare the years before and use this New Years Day to express gratitude to getting here.

If not for every year so far and every person in my life this blog would not be written. Every experience I have lived has lead to this moment. I live in the current so often that I need to reflect back before planning for tomorrow.

I am very grateful for all of my loved ones and those who I have only passed by in life.

Today I ventured out in the 30° cold, the snow was not too dense so it crackled under my sneakers. This pathway by my house was lonely and beautiful.

I usually take more than 15 minutes to secure all of my clothing. A ski cap with blue stripes, my husband's winter coat in red plaid, and many layers underneath.
I fixed my pockets with all my belongings, many new. Wires, necessities, car keys.

When I am finally settled I do not notice my things anymore.

Even the back of was of the plaza buildings are pretty, weeds climbing along the dead cement. A curious dog barked at me before he knew it was me. Once we face each other it was respectful.

Anyway I need to be grateful for the moments that made up that hour of the of my life today. And again all the people and things that led up to a peaceful walk to start the year.

Thank you ~Darleen

No comments:

Post a Comment