Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chi

So Tai Chi .. I figure this is an area that not too many readers might know about. Tai Chi is doing physical movements with your body to enhance energy flow - your Chi. These movements usually move bad energy out and good energy in to the person doing the movements.

I learned when I was a preteen. It was slow, balanced and boooring.

Now  I still make it slow and balanced and I really enjoy that kind of quiet time. Even just meditating about my Chi is helpful.

My first Tai Chi instructor held his hands out wide like he was holding an imaginary kick ball. He asked each of us to line up and put our hands in the ball space and just feel it for a moment. We were to do it silently and get back in a line.

Then he asked what did you feel? Warm. We had all felt a very warm sensation. For me it was like a pulsating warmth like I had my hand on his heart. Years later I realized his lesson might be closer to Reiki than Tai Chi but it did get across the point  that this energy inside us is very real and can change the out side world in many ways.

I imagine my Chi like an ocean tide - in and out - good and bad - balanced. I do a few movements before a tarot reading and feel the blood in my veins going from the heart to the finger tips. I can imagine a little wave pool between my hands. This helps me calm down  before a tarot reading (it is easy to get anxious while reading) and I can focus.

The basic yin yang concept behind Tai Chi is what helped me get through some very tough situations in my personal life. I knew life had ups and downs - and if I rode through the downs the ups would be worth sticking around to see!

Thanks for reading I would love any comments from readers. Again my Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/groups/chitarot/ and new group members receive a free first reading!

~ Darleen

2 comments:

  1. How did you first get started in Tai Chi? I always thought it was some sort of dance-type thing and didn't realize the energy piece, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned when I was around 11. My mother and I went to a class. I did not ever practice regularly until I lived alone - I found it embarrassing to do in a back yard unless other Tai Chi people were there. I tend to still stick to very private spots usually outside. I guess it can look a lot like dancing - but to me it is more like Yoga except more fluid. Thank you for reading!

      Delete